Skip directly to content

Family Fun Festival, Takoma Park Maryland 4/10/11

discussions

• Jo Ostby's picture
    Family Fun Festival, Takoma Park Maryland 4/10/11
    Started by
    (13 Apr '11)

My daughter and I were blessed to be at the Family Fun Festival and Jason Castro concert in Takoma Park, Maryland, on Sunday, April 10, 2011.  With no backup at all...no singers or musicians, we were treated to beautiful, effortless renditions of our favs...Hallelujah, You are and Somewhere Over the Rainbow.  It was a pleasure to meet Mandy and Jason!  Since buying the CD from Mandy on Sunday have been listening to it pretty much non-stop.  Have new favs! LOL!  My daughter says Somewhere is going to be the Recessional at her wedding!  Jason is so talented...singer, songwriter and musician!

Filed Under: Forum Support and Welcome Center
Jo Ostby's picture
on Wed, 2011-04-13 06:17

My daughter and I were blessed to be at the Family Fun Festival and Jason Castro concert in Takoma Park, Maryland, on Sunday, April 10, 2011.  With no backup at all...no singers or musicians, we were treated to beautiful, effortless renditions of our favs...Hallelujah, You are and Somewhere Over the Rainbow.  It was a pleasure to meet Mandy and Jason!  Since buying the CD from Mandy on Sunday have been listening to it pretty much non-stop.  Have new favs! LOL!  My daughter says Somewhere is going to be the Recessional at her wedding!  Jason is so talented...singer, songwriter and musician!  We are praying for success so abundant for you that you can't even imagine!  Great to see you!  Congratulations to you on your baby girl!  Thanks for bringing some sunshine to Maryland!  Refreshing and wonderful!

Jo Ostby's picture

It's official! My daughter, Jody (the one in the photo) is going to be using two of the songs we've heard Jason perform at her wedding! You Are will be sung by her good friend, Rachel and accompanied on the guitar. Somewhere Over the Rainbow will be the recessional. Now all we need is for Jason, Mandy and Madeline to come to Maryland Sunday, May 20, 2012, 4 pm and see how we do weddings! Shade Tree and Evergreens near Frederick Maryland!

Jo Ostby's picture

He is Risen! Just as He said He would! Remember: God Keeps His Promises!
Happy Easter to all the Castro Family and all the fans!
This time next year, Jason and Mandy, you will have a practically 8-mos old little girl! And none of your holidays will ever be the same!

RockinMama's picture

Hi Jo, I was at that concert too. It's the 7th time I've seen him perform and I never get tired of listening to his music. I wish I could have met you at the concert, I love meeting devoted Jason fans. I also have never been affected in this way by a musician and I think a lot of that comes from the beautiful person he is inside and out, it just shines through when he sings. I hope he comes to the DC area when he tours but I would really love to see him on my TV again. It's been too long.

Jo Ostby's picture

I have this small, still voice telling me to help promote Jason. I'm going to put the word out. Don't you think it's time for another visit to the ELLEN SHOW? I'll contact her. Anyone else? Can't you see Jason getting one of the Ellen Onesies she gives out for his baby girl? Have to say, I've never been affected in this way by a musician. Like a motherly kind of caring.....thinking of ways to promote him, the Who I am CD...Let's see what The Mommas can do!

Carmen_2's picture

It is great to hear that more people are thinking what I knew since day one... Jason is GREAT!!! You will love his music and you will be a fan forever. Once you are touched by his magical voice and once you know what an amazing human being he is, you will be hooked on his music like so many of us . He has changed my life and I can honestly said there have been very few days, since he first appeared on American Idol, that I have not listened to his music. His songs are part of my everyday life. Welcome to the club of Jason's followers.